Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thinking about......



I'm thinking about a lot of things today.

It has been one week since I slipped on my steps and broke my leg in three places, had surgery and have now been home for a few days in the re-cooperating stage of things.

In many ways, I have put my thinking part on hold, and immersed myself in distraction; books, watching the chickadees at the feeder outside the window, and thanking my husband for his care.

I am winter-weary. Truly.  I realized just how much so when yesterday, a dear friend slipped on her steps, and broke her back for the second time in four years. Even my mind was speechless when I heard the news.

So here I am this morning, finally drawn out of my own shell, so grateful in the end that He truly gives us the peace that passes all understanding. 

I have been turning my mind toward spring ( which will come) and I thought of lilacs; the ones outside my window with the bird-feeder hanging on them, and imagined them in bloom.

I went to my favorite place for pictures with scripture and God is ever-faithful.

Thank you to Peter.      1st Peter 1:7  

These (trials) have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.


Blessings to you,

From the Sheep Shed




No comments:

Post a Comment